Finishing up our first week back, we are focusing on backstroke drills especially working on developing a good shoulder roll and generating power through the catch phase of the pull.
- 200m (50m F/S, 50m B/S, then repeat)
- 4 x 25m F/S Build
- 4 x 25m BR/S Build
Main Set – Part 1
- 8 x 50m B/S kick – 25m fast / 25m EZ – work on 6 kicks lifting one shoulder out of the water and then rotate and perform 6 kicks with the other shoulder out of the
- 8 x 25m B/S single-arm by 3 (3 strokes on one side and then switch)
- 6 x 25m B/S 6 kicks then 3 stroke switch – focus on very power transition through the 3 strokes
- 4 x 50m B/S with 80-85% effort concentrating on turn and breakout
Main Set – Part 2
- 2 x 25m F/S FAST
- 1 x 50m B/S FAST
- 1 x 50M FLY to B/S FAST
- 100m Choice EZ
Richard is currently Secondary School Principal of Suzhou Singapore International School, one of China's leading international schools. He leads workshops across the Asia-Pacific region for the International Baccalaureate in the areas of pedagogical leadership and approaches to teaching and learning. Richard consults with schools on the topics of school improvement and effective implementation and use of technology.
With a background in public and independent school education in the UK and Australia, Richard is enjoying his international school adventure in China. He is passionate about developing and supporting educational leaders, as it is essential to improving all schools.
Richard is a proud family man and feels lucky to be married to Kim and father of their son Austin.
In his spare time Richard enjoys to swim, bike and run and is a now retired football player and coach (with occasional guest appearances)