As we have moved out of the introductory skills week, we can now start to ramp up distance in at least one of our squad sessions each week, where week allow swimmers to develop aerobic endurance and strength, which will help them tackle some of the faster sets in the weeks to come.
- 200m (50m F/S, 50m B/S, repeat)
- 8 x 25m F/S – single-arm by 3 strokes with 15s recovery after each 25m
- 4 x 25m F/S kick
- 4 x 100m IM – FLY and BR/S (80-85%), B/S and F/S are EZ @2.15
- 4 x 100 F/S rotating a FAST 25m through each 100m @2min
- 4 x 100m IM – B/S and F/S (80-85%), FLY and BR/S are EZ @2.15
- 4 x 100m F/S – rotating a fast 50m through each 100m (#1. 50 FAST / 50 EZ, #2. 50 EZ / 50 FAST, #3. 25 EZ / 50 FAST / 25 EZ, #4. 25 FAST / 50 EZ, 25 FAST)
- 4 x 100m IM switch (#1. normal, #2. Start with B/S, #3. Start with BR/S, #4. Star with F/S)
- 100m – Choice very EZ
Richard is currently Secondary School Principal of Suzhou Singapore International School, one of China's leading international schools. He leads workshops across the Asia-Pacific region for the International Baccalaureate in the areas of pedagogical leadership and approaches to teaching and learning. Richard consults with schools on the topics of school improvement and effective implementation and use of technology.
With a background in public and independent school education in the UK and Australia, Richard is enjoying his international school adventure in China. He is passionate about developing and supporting educational leaders, as it is essential to improving all schools.
Richard is a proud family man and feels lucky to be married to Kim and father of their son Austin.
In his spare time Richard enjoys to swim, bike and run and is a now retired football player and coach (with occasional guest appearances)