Early in the season, this is a good set to help swimmers begin to develop some endurance while also bringing in some speed work towards then end to keep everyone honest and tire the arms.
- 200m F/S
- 4 x 25 F/S Build with 20s between each 25m
- 50m B/S EZ
- 4 x 25 F/S kick with 20s between each 25m
- 50m B/S EZ
Main Set – Part 1
- 4 x 50m F/S drill – catch-up @1.15
- 4 x 50m F/S drill – finger tip drag @1.10
- 4 x 50m F/S – focus on perfect technique @1.05
- 2 x 50m F/S @1 min
- 2 x 50m F/S @55s
- 2 x 50m F/S @50s
- 2 x 50m F/S recovery @1.10
Main Set – Part 2
- 200m F/S pull with 20s recovery
- 2 x 100m F/S pull with 15s recovery
- 2 x 50m pull with 10s recovery
- 100m B/S EZ
Richard is currently Secondary School Principal of Suzhou Singapore International School, one of China's leading international schools. He leads workshops across the Asia-Pacific region for the International Baccalaureate in the areas of pedagogical leadership and approaches to teaching and learning. Richard consults with schools on the topics of school improvement and effective implementation and use of technology.
With a background in public and independent school education in the UK and Australia, Richard is enjoying his international school adventure in China. He is passionate about developing and supporting educational leaders, as it is essential to improving all schools.
Richard is a proud family man and feels lucky to be married to Kim and father of their son Austin.
In his spare time Richard enjoys to swim, bike and run and is a now retired football player and coach (with occasional guest appearances)