Many of our swimmers missed our regular squad sessions last week because they had school camp. Not wanting them to miss out on too much water time, we decided to throw on 3x squad sessions during the Chinese National Day holiday week, as we have our first meet coming up soon after. We were able to extend the session time by half an hour, which allowed for a bit more time to practice some water skills, such as sculling, which we do not get to do so often.
- 16 x 25m F/S with 10s recovery after each 25m. Odds are normal F/S and evens are F?S with finger tip drag.
- 18 x 25m Kick completed as 6 sets of 3 x 25m (F/S kick with board, B/S 6 kick should rotation, BR/S kick with hands on butt) 15s recovery after each 25m.
- 4 x 50m B/S single-arm drill by 3 – with finger paddles @1.15
- 4 x 25m B/S sculling drill (see below). Swimmers may struggle with this, so after the 4 x 25m, show them the video and get them to do it again.
- 2 x 25m B/S scull only
- 2 x 25m B/S scull for 10m and move into fast full stroke for remaining 15m
- 10 x 50m B/S build @1min
- 12 x 25m BR/S with focus on pullout from dive and from push – with 20s recovery between each
- 100m Choice